what to bring
You won’t exactly be roughing it, but if this is your first trip to Camp Nerdly, here is a list of useful stuff:
- A sleeping bag and pillow (check out the Lodging page for more info)
- Practical layers — since the event is in mid-May, it can be anywhere from freezing to broiling, sometimes both in one day!
- A rain jacket or poncho
- Weather-proof footwear (if it rains, the grounds can be slippery/muddy)
- Camping dinnerware: a fork, knife, spoon, mug/cup, plate and bowl (disposables will be provided if necessary, but bringing your own helps keep Camp Nerdly green!)
- Insect repellent
- Flip-flops to wear in the shower
- A towel
- A flashlight
- A game that you would like to run
- Some games to share (board, card, etc) for spontaneous, unscheduled “pickup” games
If you are coming from far away, need help acquiring any of these items, or have any other questions, please contact us.